The vision of the Highland Health and Social Care Partnership is to enhance the quality of life and experience of carers and we aim to ensure that the Highland Carers Strategy and Carers Information Strategy both make this vision a reality.
In 2011, Connecting Carers (part of Highland Community Care Forum) was awarded the contract for a carers' centre service to provide support, advice, advocacy and training to carers across Highland.
In particular, the aim is to ensure carers are recognised and valued, informed and involved, supported and healthy.
Recognised and valued
- Carers are listened to by professionals, and their knowledge about the person they care for is respected.
- Professionals are well-informed about carers needs and are able to put carers in touch with the help available.
Informed and involved
- Carers get clear information from professionals about the matters that affect them; and have good levels of contact with professionals.
- Carers get good information about benefits.
- Carers get good information about the help available to them.
- Carers get good medical information for themselves and the person they care for.
- Carers are involved in shaping the policies which affect them.
- Carers are involved in shaping the services we deliver.
Supported and healthy
- Carers’ ability to provide care is assessed and supported.
- Carers, and those they care for, can access planned and regular respite (short breaks).
- Carers have the opportunity to learn skills necessary to help the cared for person.
- Carers have the opportunity to learn self-help skills.
- Carers have the opportunity to talk to other carers.
Also In This Section:
- Adults with Incapacity
- Care Home Services for Older People
- Community Care Assessments
- Direct Payments and Self Directed Support
- Equipment and Adaptations
- Free Personal and Nursing Care
- Transport for Users of Social Work Service
- Community Based Activities for Older People
Policies, Procedures and Guidance
- Highland Carers Strategy 2008-2011 224kB
Documents including proforma
- Carers Support Plan 74kB