Working together to Build Competent Active Support for People with Complex Needs and Challenging Behaviour
The above seminar took place on 29 September 2010 to look at research into this area of practice and how this might inform our shared approach to the delivery of health and social care in Highland. It considered how we collectively ensure competent, high quality support for people with learning disability and complex needs, including those with profound and multiple disabilities, mental health needs, autism spectrum disorder and challenging or offending behaviour.
Delegates included frontline practitioners and managers from within social work, health, third and independent sectors, representatives from the Care Commission and Mental Welfare Commission, carers, and user and carer representative organisations.
The seminar included presentations on research findings for service users supported in different settings and key factors that impact on service user outcomes; policy direction and developments in health services for people with complex needs; and policy direction, challenges, developments and opportunities in social care.
Additionally, there were a number of interactive workshops focusing on Active Support; Positive Behaviour Support; Partnership and Capacity Building in Social Care; Housing Options and the Role of the Additional Support Team.
Also In This Section:
- Adults with Incapacity
- Community Care Assessments
- Direct Payments and Self Directed Support
- Equipment and Adaptations
- Highland Care Programme Approach (CPA)
- Learning Disability Seminar
- Local Implementation Groups
- Transitions Planning
- Transport for Users of Social Work Services
- Programme 91kB
- David Felce Building Competent Support for People with More Severe Disabilities or Challenging Behaviour 218kB
- Henry Simons Policy Direction Challenges Developments and Opportunities in Social Care 67kB
- Jonathan Gray - Policy Direction and Development of Health Services for People with Complex Needs 1.5MB
- Moira Bayne and Lyn KilpatrickFinding Housing Solutions 147kB