The outcomes we seek
Community Care is the term used to describe how we support adults who need extra help to live their day-to-day lives. It involves services provided by Health, Housing and Social Work. It involves people working in the provate and voluntary sectors too.
People have told us that they want to live as independently as possible. Our main aim is to ensure that we support people's independence. And that they:
- Live as long, healthy lives as possible;
- Feel safe;
- Stay in a home of their own wherever sensible;
- Are free from stigma and discrimination;
- Keep up their important relationships; and
- Develop through having interesting things to do
- For people who need care to be in control of this as much as possible.
We also want to make sure that we work together with people, allowing them as much control as possible, to make sure the help they get is right for them.